Rotorua Highlights Small Group Tour with Optional Extra Activities from Auckland
Rotorua Tour with Optional Extras, this small group, fully-guided day trip not only guides you past the key highlights in Rotorua city but gives you the freedom to choose which activities you want to do while there. This is unique to our Rotorua day trip. Led by our famously passionate tour guides notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety..
- Lake Rotorua
- Government Gardens, Blue Baths, Whangapipiro (Rachel Spring) & Rotorua Museum
- Free time with options activities
- Waikato Farm Region
1. Auckland - Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the city’s top highlights.
2. Waikato – Exiting Auckland we travel south through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, encountering beautiful scenery, mighty rivers, great photo opportunities, impressive mountains and several farm animals along the way. During our adventure in the Waikato we will also stop for a quick coffee break at a special location.
3. Tirau – Continuing our journey to Rotorua we pass through Tirau famously dubbed the 'Corrugated Iron Capital of the World' because of the many unique corrugated iron sculptures and buildings. This town never fails to get a look and a laugh and our guides will point out all the main highlights on the way through.
4. Rotorua City Highlights – Arriving in Rotorua we will do a guided driving tour for you to get your bearings and see the most famous sites in Rotorua city including: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua Museum, Government Gardens, Whangapipiro (Rachel Spring) and the Blue Baths. If there is time, we may even visit a special souvenir shop for some discounted shopping and to try Manuka Honey.
5. Free Time for Optional Activities – After your city highlight drive your tour becomes very flexible and you have the choice between free time to explore or adding (at additional expense) up to two Rotorua attractions to visit including: Te Puia, Wai-O-Tapu, Polynesian Spa, Agrodome & Skyline Gondola. We will pick you up and drop you off at each location as time permits.
6. Auckland – Sadly we must start to head north again but your day is not over with a fully guided return trip to Auckland with secret stops along the way.
- Small Group Tour
- Fully Guided
- Entry Tickets (purchased activities only)
- Bottled Water
- Te Puia with Maori Cultural Performance and/or Hangi Lunch
- Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland
- Polynesian Spa
- Skyline Gondola
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it’s our small groups, guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.