Mt Cook to Christchurch Small Group Tour Via Lake Tekapo (1 way)
This tour is guided by our Christchurch partner, Cheeky Kea.
Mt Cook to Christchurch Small Group Tour Via Lake Tekapo (1 way), this small group, fully-guided transfer means you can travel in style while seeing all the key highlights along the way. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
- Mt Cook & Aoraki National Park
- Lake Tekapo & Lake Pukaki
- Church of the Good Shepard
- Mt Cook Information Centre – Departing Mt Cook Village, weather depending, we should get some amazing shots of the mountain itself. At 3724m, Aoraki/Mt Cook is New Zealand’s highest peak, however, the mountain can be viewed without any acclimatisation whatsoever from the village which is just 750m above sea level
- Lake Pukaki – Travelling along one of the most beautiful roads in the world Lake Pukaki begins to emerge in front of us. Lake Pukaki is one of the bluest lakes you will ever see and is stunningly framed by the backdrop of Aoraki/Mt Cook and the Southern Alps. You are sure to get some amazing photos and marvel at the sight that we are beholding. It’s not hard to see why many Lord of the Rings scene were filmed nearby and we will point them out for you.
- Tekapo - Farewelling Mt Cook we make our way to Lake Tekapo. This turquoise blue lake is famous world over for its pristine beauty. We have a short time here but long enough to get those Instagram breaking photos explore the Church of the Good Shepard and see the Mackenzie dog before starting to head towards Christchurch.
- Geraldine - Departing Tekapo for Christchurch we will pass through more amazing passes and high country towns before arriving in the peaceful town of Geraldine for a final quick break before heading to your final destination - Christchurch.
- Christchurch – upon arriving in Christchurch your guides will point out any highlights we pass while travelling to the drop off locations.
- Small Group
- Fully Guided Tour
- Bottled Water & Snacks
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.