WAITOMO CAVES TOUR
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our comfortable 12 seater mini-buses and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside on a fully guided journey to Waitomo caves.
During the journey to Waitomo you will encounter New Zealand's longest river, beautiful mountains and a number of different farm animals along the way.
Once in Waitomo you will explore the ancient and amazing caves seeing many different cave formations including Stalactites, Stalagmites and lime Columns before descending even further underground for your Glowworm experience. Board your glowworm boat for a cruise on the grotto river with thousands of glowworms which are unique for New Zealand for over 120 years above your head. Waitomo Glowworm caves are a must see for any traveller.
WAITOMO GLOWWORM CAVES
World-renowned and a magnet for both local and overseas visitors, the Waitomo Glowworm Caves occupy a high placing in the New Zealand vacation wish-list.
The glowworm, Arachnocampa luminosa, is unique to New Zealand. ousands of these tiny creatures radiate their unmistakable luminescent light as our expert guides provide informative commentary on the Caves' historical and geological significance.
Waitomo Glowworm Caves are a must see for any traveller. Enjoy the world famous boat ride under thousands of magical glowworms and become a part of over 120 years of cultural and natural history.
The glowworm grotto boat ride
Marvel at Mother Nature's light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Meander underground along the Waitomo River and gaze in silence at the myriad of glow worm lights that make up the Glowworm Grotto. As you enter this galaxy of tiny living lights, you'll immediately experience a serene ambience and be fascinated and intrigued by tiny glowworms that light your way.
- CBD Hotel/airport pick up and drop off
- Beautiful scenic drive through the New Zealand countryside
- Professionally guided tour about New Zealand and the culture.
- Movie or entertainment during drive
- Entry ticket
- Guided tour of Waitomo Caves including a Glowworm Grotto boat ride
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Guided tour back to the Hotel
- WiFi on Transport available at additional cost (select during booking process)
- Upgrade to the Black Labyrinth - 3 hrs black -water rafting trip for $99pp extra (select during booking process)
- Upgrade to the Black Abyss for $199pp extra (select during booking process)
- Upgrade to the Black Odyssey for $149pp extra (select during booking process)
- Pick up: 6am
- Drop off: 2-4pm depending on traffic and option
- 8 - 12 hour tour
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Tours will only run if at least 4 people have booked on the tour.
- Cheeky Kiwi Travel reserves the right to alter the tour due to weather or operational needs.
- No refund will be given to tours cancelled with less than 24hrs notice.