Routeburn Track Transport Queenstown To Divide
Our Routeburn Track transport service helps you to get the best out of your hike by providing you with a fully guided small-group tour experience from Queenstown or Te Anau to The Divide end of the Routeburn Track. You deserve more than just a basic shuttle service to begin a once-in-a-lifetime hike like the Routeburn Track!
There is so much to see and learn along the way from Queenstown to the Routeburn Track. By ensuring you are on a fully guided small-group tour, not just a shuttle bus, you'll enjoy everything this amazing part of the world has to offer. We appreciate that comfort, warmth and service is priceless when finishing a multi-day hike so go out of our way to ensure exactly that. All of our tours are led by our famously passionate tour guides; they are notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge. Of course, we also run in modern, comfortable and warm minibuses packed with extras ensuring the very best experience possible.
Please note: We do not provide accommodation on the hike, this must be booked before you book your transport. To complete the Routeburn Hike you must book your accommodation through DOC in advance to stay in the DOC huts. These spaces sell out in a flash so don't delay and make sure your accommodation is booked in advance.
- Fiordland National Park
- Wildlife spotting
- Routeburn Track Hike
- Lake Te Anau, Eglinton Valley and Mirror Lake
- Queenstown - Your tour starts in the stunning city of Queenstown. The adventure capital of the world is the perfect place to start your next adventure - taking on the Routeburn Track. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out many of the area’s top highlights.
- Lake Wakatipu – Winding our way around Lake Wakatipu we'll enjoy amazing views of ‘The Remarkables’ Mountain Range and the lake. Stopping for photos is a must.
- Devils Staircase – Continuing around the lake we will pass through the Devil’s Staircase. This elevated windy part of the road is famous for dramatic photos and sets the scene for the day to come.
- Lake Te Anau – After more amazing mountain, river and farmland views we arrive in Te Anau. This quaint town is home to Lake Te Anau - New Zealand’s second-largest lake. While in this idyllic spot we will stop for a break; you'll have 4 hours of free time to prepare for your hike and explore the region. Perhaps try one of the many Te Anau activities on offer, join a Cheeky Kiwi Te Anau Highlights Tour or just relax. If you need us to store your bags during this time we can arrange this.
- Eglington Valley – Hitting the road again, as we near the national park entrance, we pass Eglinton Valley. With views worthy of Lord of the Rings, this valley follows the path of an ancient glacier through Fiordland. It certainly is a worthy introduction to our drive through the national park.
- Mirror Lakes – Our next stop on this epic adventure is Mirror Lakes where it's only a short stroll to see the famous reflections of the Earl Mountains. When the reflections are on point, it's impossible to know which way is up on your photos - be sure to have your camera ready.
- Lake Gunn – Continuing along Milford Road we come across Lake Gunn. Named after a famous explorer, this lake is now a popular spot for fishing. We will often stop here for some photos and to enjoy the peace and quiet.
- The Divide - The last stop on our journey is the one you've been waiting for - it's time to set off on the Routeburn Track. Considered one of New Zealand's Great Walks, it really is an unforgettable experience (though you won't need us to tell you that). To complete the Routeburn Hike you must book your DOC hut accommodation in advance. These spaces sell out in a flash so don't delay and make sure your accommodation is booked before your transport.
- Small-group, fully-guided transport
- Bottled water and snacks.
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe that the journey matters too. We take pride in running small groups, having friendly and knowledgeable guides and paying attention to the smallest of details. These features set out transport well apart. With secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complimentary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises, we ensure each of our tours are an experience to remember. Join us to experience the Cheeky Kiwi difference!
Photo credit: Manuel Osdoba