Rotorua Highlights including Wai-O-Tapu - Small Group Tour from Auckland
One day tour from Auckland to the famous and magical geothermal wonders of Rotorua including Wai-O-Tapu geothermal park.
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our comfortable mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to Rotorua. During the trip south you will encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals. We will also pass through the unique town of Tirau (the corrugated iron sculpture capital of the world) and the stunning Fitzgerald Glade.
Once in Rotorua we will guide you past many of its famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blue Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa before stopping for lunch (own cost).
After lunch our journey continues to Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland which is considered one of the most surreal places on earth. Here you will see Champagne lake, Devil's bath, local mud-pools, geothermal craters and other geothermal wonders.
Finally, our guides will take you for some discounted souvenir shopping in town before heading back north on a fully guided drive back to Auckland or you can choose to be dropped off in Rotorua instead.
- Fully guided small group return tour from Auckland
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specific central Auckland hotels only)
- Rotorua City Highlights Tour
- Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Park entry and fully guided tour
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Transport in modern and comfortable minibuses