Rotorua Highlights Small Group Tour including Wai-O-Tapu from Auckland
Rotorua including Wai-O-Tapu Tour, this small group, fully-guided day trip we will not only guide you to and from Wai-O-Tapu but fully guide you through the park to ensure you get a full experience, unlike many other tours. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
- Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland
- Champagne Lake & Devils Bath
- Rotorua City Highlights
- Waikato Farm Region
1. Auckland - Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the city’s top highlights.
2. Waikato – Exiting Auckland we travel south through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, encountering beautiful scenery, mighty rivers, great photo opportunities, impressive mountains and several farm animals along the way. During our adventure in the Waikato we will also stop for a quick coffee break at a special location.
3. Tirau – Continuing our journey to Rotorua we pass through Tirau, famously dubbed the 'Corrugated Iron Capital of the World' because of the many unique corrugated iron sculptures and buildings. This town never fails to get a look and a laugh and our guides will point out all the main highlights on the way through.
4. Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland – Arriving at our feature destination you will experience a fully guided tour of Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland. Considered one of the most surreal places on earth, here you will see the famous Champagne Lake, Devil's Bath, local mud-pools, geothermal craters and other geothermal wonders. The colours and activity will take your breath away.
5. Rotorua City Highlights – To finish off our Rotorua experience we do a guided driving tour seeing the most famous sites in Rotorua city including: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua Museum, Government Gardens, Whangapipiro (Rachel Spring) & the Blue Baths. If there is time, we may even visit a special souvenir shop for some discounted shopping and to try Manuka Honey.
6. Auckland – Sadly we must start to head north again but your day is not over with a fully guided return trip to Auckland with secret stops along the way.
- Small Group Tour
- Fully Guided
- Entry Tickets
- Bottled Water
- One-way option from Auckland to Rotorua
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it’s our small groups, guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.