Mt Cook to Queenstown Tour (1 way)
Mt Cook to Queenstown Small Group Tour, this fully-guided 1 way transfer allowing you to travel in style while learning about all the highlights along the way. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
- Mt Cook & Aoraki National Park
- Lake Pukaki
- Kawarau Gorge, Lindis Pass, the Southern Alps and High Country Salmon
- Mt Cook Information Centre – Departing Mt Cook Village, weather depending, we should get some amazing shots of the mountain itself. At 3724m, Aoraki/Mt Cook is New Zealand’s highest peak, however, the mountain can be viewed without any acclimatisation whatsoever from the village which is just 750m above sea level
- Lake Pukaki – Travelling along one of the most beautiful roads in the world Lake Pukaki begins to emerge in front of us. Lake Pukaki is one of the bluest lakes you will ever see and is stunningly framed by the backdrop of Aoraki/Mt Cook and the Southern Alps. You are sure to get some amazing photos and marvel at the sight that we are beholding. It’s not hard to see why many Lord of the Rings scene were filmed nearby and we will point them out for you.
- High Country Salmon - Farewelling Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park and making our way back to Queenstown we stop in at High Country Salmon, a local salmon farm, where you can feed the fish and taste some of the freshest salmon in New Zealand
- Lindis Pass – Climbing in altitude, Lindis Pass has amazing views down through the valleys. Being one of only three alpine roads through the otherwise impassable Southern Alps.
- Mrs Jones Fruit Stall – During summer months when the sun is still up as we get close to Queenstown we often stop at Mrs Jones Suncrest Orchard to try or buy her delicious local fruit or real fruit ice cream
- Kawarau Suspension Bridge – Nearing Queenstown we then make our way through the stunning Kawarau Gorge passing stunning views, the Kawarau Suspension Bridge and the famous Roaring Meg Lookout.
- Queenstown – Sadly the tour must come to an end as we enter Queenstown and say our goodbyes.
- Small Group
- Fully Guided Tour
- Bottled Water & Snacks
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.
For further information on luggage, pickup locations, cancellation policy etc please read our FAQ's