Hobbiton Movie Set Small Group Tour from Auckland
Construction on the Set: A major and very exciting development project is underway at Hobbiton Movie Set until December 2023. Please visit the official website for detailed information on how this construction could impact your experience.
Hobbiton Movie Set Tour, we’re going on an adventure! See the famous Hobbiton Movie Set on a fully guided small group tour from Auckland. Be shown through the 12 acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide, step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies and enjoy a cold complimentary beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub ‘The Green Dragon Inn’. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
- Hobbiton & Alexander Family Sheep Farm
- Green Dragon Inn
- Waikato Farming Region
- Surprise Stops
1. Auckland - Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the city’s top highlights.
2. Waikato - Exiting Auckland we travel south through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, encountering beautiful scenery, mighty rivers, great photo opportunities, impressive mountains and several farm animals along the way.
3. Hobbiton Movie Set – Arriving at ‘Hobbiton’ you will board one of the big green Hobbiton buses for a two hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12 acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies and enjoy a cold complimentary beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub ‘The Green Dragon Inn’.
4. Auckland – Sadly we must start to head north again but your day is not over with a fully guided return trip to Auckland including surprise stops. Depending on weather and timing our guides love doing other surprise stops. Maybe a scenic stop near a lake or the chance to try New Zealand ice creams, we love introducing you to local wildlife and animals. You will have to jump on the tour to see where you go!
- Small Group Tour
- Fully Guided
- Entry Tickets
- Bottled Water
While the destination you will be visiting is truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.
For further information on luggage, pickup locations, cancellation policy etc please read our FAQ's