Hobbiton & Rotorua including Te Puia - Small Group Tour from Auckland
One day small group tour from Auckland to the famous and magical Lord of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set and the geothermal wonders of Rotorua including Te Puia Geothermal Park and Maori cultural village.
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our comfortable mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to Hobbiton. During the trip south you will encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way.
After our drive we will arrive at the Alexander family sheep farm and Shire's Rest, the entrance to Hobbiton, where you can see thousands of sheep, grab a bite to eat, get your coffee fix or enjoy an ice cream while we collect your tickets to the movie set.
Next you will board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on your 2 hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12 acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour you will step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies, and finish your LOTR experience with a cold beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub, The Green Dragon Inn.
After your Lord of the rings experience you will be guided back through the Alexander family sheep farm, before continuing south to the active geothermal area of Rotorua. During the trip we will pass through the unique town of Tirau (the corrugated iron sculpture capital of the world) and the stunning Fitzgerald Glade, plus see many more attractions along the way.
In Rotorua we will guide you past many of its famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blue Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa. From here we head to one of the most famous attractions in New Zealand, Te Puia Geothermal Park. Once inside the park we stop for lunch, and we highly recommend trying the traditional Maori Hangi meal.
After lunch we set off for a fully guided tour around this amazing park to see it's geothermal and cultural wonders. You will see Pōhutu Geyser, Māori Architecture, the National Māori Arts School, geothermal craters, geothermal events and even the chance to view a kiwi bird in the kiwi viewing house.
Finally, our guides will take you for some discounted souvenir shopping in town before heading back north on a fully guided drive back to Auckland.
- Fully guided small group return tour from Auckland
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specific central Auckland hotels only)
- Entry and fully guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Complimentary beverage at the famous Green Dragon Inn
- Entry and fully guided tour of Te Puia
- Alexander Family Sheep Farm & Shire's Rest
- Pohutu Geyser
- Maori Village & Craft School
- Kiwi Bird House
- Rotorua City Highlights Tour
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Transport in modern and comfortable minibus
- Add Maori Hangi Buffet Lunch for additional $35 per person
- Add Maori Cultural Show at Te Puia for additional $15 per person