HOBBITON MOVIE SET TOUR
One day tour from Auckland to the famous and magical Lord of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set, in the Heart of Middle Earth.
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our comfortable 12-seater mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to Hobbiton. During the trip south you will encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and several different farm animals along the way.
After our drive we will arrive at the Alexander family sheep farm and Shire's Rest, the entrance to Hobbiton, where you can see thousands of sheep, grab a bite to eat, get your coffee fix or enjoy an ice cream while we collect your tickets to the movie set.
Next you will board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on your 2 hour fully guided tour of the amazing 12-acre movie set. Step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies and finishing your experience at the famous Hobbiton pub The Green Dragon Inn for a cold pint, cider or ginger beer. On your tour you will be guided by a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your experience.
After the tour you will be guided back through the Alexander family sheep farm for another stop at Shire's Rest for some souvenir shopping before being we begin our journey back to Auckland.
HOBBITON MOVIE SET
Hobbiton Movie Set is an experience to tantalise the senses of visitors from all across the globe, as guests find themselves engulfed in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes of The Shire, at the home of the Hobbits, as featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies.
The extraordinary following that the movies have amassed has led to our tours becoming a must see while travellers are in New Zealand. The Hobbiton Movie Set is the only set that remains intact from the trilogies, and that allows our visitors to fully immerse themselves in the wonders of The Shire.
Visitors are given the once in a lifetime opportunity to see an iconic movie set in its full glory; from wandering the rambling paths of The Shire, to seeing the submerged Hobbit Holes that litter the rolling hillsides.
Fall in love with the Alexander family sheep farm, just as acclaimed director Sir Peter Jackson did, as you journey through the unequivocal beauty of the land, with the mighty Kaimai Ranges towering in the distance. Your guide will then escort you around the set, showing you the intricate detailing, pointing out the most famous locations and explaining how the movie magic was made.
You will be taken around the 12 acre set; past Hobbit Holes, the Mill and into the world-famous Green Dragon Inn, where you can sample our exclusive, specially brewed beverages to conclude your own Middle-earth adventure.
- CBD Hotel/airport pick up and drop off
- Beautiful scenic drive through the New Zealand countryside
- Professionally guided tour about New Zealand and the culture.
- Movie or entertainment during drive
- Entry ticket and guided tour of Hobbiton including a Beverage in the Green Dragon Inn
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Guided tour back to the Hotel
- WiFi on Transport available at additional cost (select during booking process)
- Pick up and drop off session 1: 6am - 2:00pm (depending on traffic)
- Pick up and drop off session 2: 10:30am - 6:30pm (depending on traffic)
- 8 - 9 hour tour
- Debit card
- Credit card
Winter Special $220 per person
(Normally $314 per person)
- Tours will only run if at least 4 people have booked on the tour.
- Cheeky Kiwi Travel reserves the right to alter the tour due to weather or operational needs.
- No refund will be given to tours cancelled with less than 24hrs notice.