Auckland City Highlights Small Group Tour
This small group, fully guided day trip combines the best of both culture and Auckland landmarks together to form the ultimate Auckland experience. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in a modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
- Mt Eden
- Culturally significant sites & stories
- Auckland’s top landmarks
- Best scenic viewpoints
1. Auckland Waterfront – After hotel pickups your tour starts by visiting the memorial Te Toka O Apihai Te Kawau on Auckland's famous waterfront celebrating the birth of our beloved city.
2. Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park at Bastion Point – After setting the scene of Auckland’s beginnings we will take the scenic route along Tamaki Drive learning about the cities first explorers before arriving at our first official stop, the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park at Bastion Point, named after one of New Zealand’s most apotheosized prime ministers.
3. Mission Bay & Tamaki Drive - Departing from this beloved of memorials we continue along the coast and past Mission Bay, a local favourite for restaurants, walks or maybe an ice cream and swim in summer. As we travel your guides will point out some of the most iconic sites and volcanoes in Auckland.
4. Achilles Point - Our journey along the coast continues to our next official stop, Achilles Point. Offering stunning elevated views of the Waitemata Harbour and Auckland’s most famous volcano, Rangitoto, the guardian of the harbour. Rangitoto is not only the biggest of the 48 volcanic cones in the Auckland region but also the most recent to have erupted.
5. Auckland Domain & Museum – After admiring one of the best views in Auckland we head towards Auckland Domain. On our way we pass through the boutique suburb of Parnell, one of the city’s oldest suburbs restored in the colonial style. Auckland Domain, the oldest and largest park in the city, is home to the Auckland War Memorial Museum, spectacular tropical gardens and idyllic ponds.
6. Mt Eden - Our adventurers next stop is the cities highest natural point. We pass through the hustle and bustle of Newmarket and its trendy fashion shops on our way to the must-see Mt Eden. Being the largest of the on shore volcanic cones and the highest natural point in the city it boasts some impressive views that we will take full advantage of with a walk to the summit.
7. SkyTower - After conquering Mt Eden, we will make our way back to the heart of the city, along Karangahape Road and the famous Queen Street before ending your tour underneath the iconic Sky Tower. If you wish to continue your adventure we have several recommended add-ons to extend your day exploring Auckland and the region.
- Small Group Tour
- Fully Guided
- Sky Tower entry
- Wild West Coast & Black Sand Beaches Tour including craft beer brewery lunch and tasting - Head north over the historical Auckland Harbour Bridge and off into the lush green pastures of the countryside as we make our short journey to the trend setting Craft Beer Brewery of Hallatau. Here we will have lunch and sample the latest beers on offer, before heading to the popular wild black sand beach Muriwai. Muriwai beach is home to the largest mainland gannet colony in the North Island, as well as many other forms of New Zealand wildlife and native coastal plants. Here you will join your guide on a gentle walk to make the most of the natural wildlife viewing moments and stunning rugged coastal vistas.
- Auckland Harbour Bridge Climb - Have lunch at the foot of the Sky Tower (at your own expense) before taking the Auckland Bridge Climb courtesy bus down to Westhaven to check in for your next experience. Here you will start an unforgettable, easy-going adventure taking you under, around, up and over the historic Auckland Harbour Bridge. Last of its kind to be built in the world, the custom engineered walkways provide a safe and enjoyable experience as you walk over water showcasing the incredible sights, sounds and activity of Auckland. Enjoy the most magnificent views of Auckland from the very summit that will take your breath away. All of this while your guides teach you even more about Auckland, New Zealand and its history.
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.