COROMANDEL WANDERER TOUR
(including the famous Cathedral Cove, the spot featured in Narnia)
This one day tour from Auckland will leave you feeling like you just found paradise and you will feel relaxed in no time. Time will seem to slow down in this part of the country with amazing beaches, famous coves or the option of taking a Driving Creek Railway and see stunning forest and amazing views.
On this tour we will pick you up from your hotel and take a scenic drive through the New Zealand countryside as we head to the incredible Coromandel Peninsula. Our first stop will be Cathedral Cove, the spot featuring in The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Cathedral cove is one of New Zealand's most famous and beautiful beaches and a must do activity for a visitor to New Zealand. There are no roads to this beach so we will need to take a quick water taxi to get there. Once we are there, we can take some time to relax, sunbathe, swim, play sport or just enjoy the spectacular views.
Our next stop is the famous Hot Water Beach, where you can dig a hole in the sand to find a natural hot geothermal water bath. Dig your hole at the edge of the beach to get ocean waves flooding in and cooling you off occasionally.
Its up to you if you want to spend more time at Cathedral Cove or Hot Water Beach.
Sadly after Hot Water Beach it's time to make our way back to Auckland but not without stopping for a quick Ice Cream.
For those, who would like to see a native Kauri forest, we have an add on option for surcharge, a Driving Creek Railway. It is a 1 hour breathtaking train ride through native Kauri forest to the top of the mountain and the Eyefull Tower. At the top you will be treated to amazing panoramic views.
- CBD Hotel/airport pick up and drop off
- Beautiful scenic drive
- Professionally guided tour about New Zealand and it's culture.
- Boat trip to Cathedral Cove
- Hot Water Beach Experience (including spades)
- Guided beach tours and ocean swims
- Ice Cream
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Guided tour back to the Hotel
- Driving creek railway trip for additional $35
- WiFi on Transport available at additional cost (select during booking process)
- Picnic Lunch - $25 per person (select during booking process)
- Pick up: 6am
- Drop off: 6-7pm depending on traffic
- 12-13 hour tour
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Tours will only run if at least 4 people have booked on the tour.
- Cheeky Kiwi Travel reserves the right to alter the tour due to weather or operational needs.
- No refund will be given to tours cancelled with less than 24hrs notice.